I can remember the day Adriancito was born like it was yesterday. I went into the hospital scared to death but not knowing how much I would fall in love with the little boy inside me. Six hours and no epidural later lil Adriancito came into the world. He was just as he is today, loving, always needing a hug and with strong character. It is official he has turned three.
In the picture above you can see his father’s super extraordinary frosting skills. Actually Mon forgot to ask the lady to put Happy Birthday on the cake so he decided to write it on his own. I think it didn’t work out the way he planned but lil lemon loved it.
The past two years we have super celebrated lil lemon’s bday. We threw a huge party for his first year and his baptism and last year although we said we would not do anything we ended inviting a lot of people to chuck e cheese. Both ended up costing us a lot of moola.
This year we toned it down and just spend an afternoon at home with our parents and our little guy. We had a great time in good conversation and spent quality time with the birthday boy.
Me and Mon both agreed as lil Adrian grows up we need to show him that we love him by spending time with him not by buying him the most expensive things or throwing the biggest party on the block. Being an only child can spoil a kid, we are determined to keep him humble.
I have to admit that I don’t want my baby to grow up. I want him to stay three forever. But I know he’ll get bigger and better. Becoming three comes with responsibilities. (lol). As he turns three I have to realize that he is no longer a baby and I have to begin to speak to him like a big boy. Enforcing daily manner rules more sternly and especially potty training and sleeping in his bed.
There however have been signs that he is ready for a brother/sister. He loves babies… grabbing them softly, kissing them constantly and that’s right giving up his toys for them. He also constantly says that we are taking home the babysitter’s newborn. At the time we are not ready or planning on having another child until in a couple of years. But I am glad that he loves to be around other children.
HAPPY THIRD BIRTHDAY LIL LEMON!!!
1 comment:
I have to admit 3 is the BEST age. Olivia has the best stories. Shes always learning new things and asking questions. I love it! I dont want her to turn 4!
Post a Comment