Monday, August 17, 2009

ZOO!

Limon took a couple of days off of work and we headed to the zoo. It was his first trip and I haven't been to the zoo since my senior picnic in high school and even then I didn't see any animals. So going to the zoo was a real treat for me too. It was fun and I went above and beyond to make sure the little guy saw all the animals. He seemed at his happiest, running around everywhere and seeing all these other kids and even trying to strike up a conversation with other little girls. wink wink. I love it when he notices other children, runs over by them and then starts to talk to them. Not in real words of course in baby jiberish. But I love it that he takes the initiative. He called all the animals, "wow wow" which is what he calls dogs but at least he acknowledged them. Although I think me and Mon seemed way more excited to see the animals. Well maybe just me.


It was a rough start! Little lemon feel asleep on the way
and was not happy when he woke up!

It got better once Papi and Elmo started cuddling with him.
I know it looks like Elmo has a hole in his head but it's a puppet.


The first animal we saw was a little monkey in his cage
and he forgot all about his tantrum.


The lazy bear was also cool! Man I wish I had a hammock.


Looking at the seals and polar bear swimming

We probably shouldn't of tried feeding this jiraffe.
It was sticking its neck through the wires while me
and others tried feeding it plants.
Then we got yelled at. Oops.

Looking at the Elephant eat.

Out of a room full of people the lion on the left stared and walked
towards little limon while he was standing up against
the glass. And they just stared at each other,
it was wierd and scary.

He loved this little car in the Dairy Farm
until some unsupervised older kids punked
him out of his spot and made him slide down.
Meanwhile me and mon were sitting in a bench
next to him. Let's just say that he let them
know he wasupset. We then soothed his pain
with ice cream and also to cool him down cuz
it was a hot day. This is before the cold
weather hit Milwaukee.


We had fun feeding the goats, adriancito loved them but
he still wouldn't let his dad put him down because
he was scared of them. Here is a picture for proof.
We pretty much stayed feeding the goats until we
got kicked out. I loved it and the lady running the stand
gave us hand fulls of goat food (i don't know what it was).
So that was pretty cool. The goats were getting aggressive
and hitting each other if another goat came to feed off our food.

Overall it was a good experience and I kinda felt bad that I hadn't brought little limon before. But in actuality if I would've brought him he wouldn't of known or cared what was going on. This was the perfect age for his first trip. Our trip to the zoo was a perfect way to end the summer. I am a little disappointed we didn't have enough time to see the Apes Exhibit but we all had a great time. I hope to return more next year and the years to come.

No comments: